Microsoft Outlook Express
These instructions will help you setup Microsoft Outlook Express to manage your domain e-mail
Open your Outlook Express Program. If this is the first time you have used Outlook Express, you will have a screen that looks like this:
Select from the Tools menu, the option for Accounts. A dialog for Internet Accounts will appear.
From the tabs at the top, select Mail to see if any accounts are already set up. Shown here is a blank window, meaning that no other previously installed email accounts are setup.
Click on the Add button, and select the option for Mail. You will be asked to enter your name. Type in your Name or Title as you would like it to appear on messages you send. When someone receives your mail, it will show the name entered here to be the author. Once you have typed this name, click Next.
Enter your e-mail address in the format: email@example.com and click next.
Next you'll be prompted to type in the names of the mail servers for this account. Here is the information you need:
- Your incoming mail server is a POP3 server... type in your domain name WITHOUT the www's or any other prefix (example: yourdomain.com)
- Your outgoing mail server name is the same as your Siteleader.com hosted domain name. NOTE TO AOL USERS: AOL does not provide SMTP service. You will need to find another ISP or use a FREE SMTP service to send outgoing mail.
Enter your server information as exampled here and click Next.
In this screen, you must to enter the following:
- Your Account name (username) and password. These are the same ones you created in your console when creating your email account.
- As we don't use Secured Password Authentication, do not check this box.
Click Finish to save your new email account! Congratulations!
Some useful notes when using Outlook Express:
- Outlook Express automatically checks for new messages while the program is open and you are connected. If at any given time you want to force the software to check for messages immediately, simply click the Send and Receive button in Internet Mail.
- To compose a new message, click on the New Mail button. Be sure to type in the full e-mail address of your recipient in the "To:" field..
- When replying to an email, click the Reply button.